Wireless Torque, Turn & Tension Sensor
Canrig’s wireless torque, turn and tension sensor, the TesTORK® sub, delivers high speed, precise data over a secure wireless connection. Designed for ease of use and field robustness, the TesTORK® sub meets the demands of tubular services companies and drilling contractors alike. The system can provide accurate information for making up precise tubular connections or high-resolution torque and speed data for complex drilling conditions.
The TesTORK® Manager software enables users to easily view live streaming data, make comments and review past connections to ensure the integrity of a casing string.
- Real-time monitoring of torque load applied by the top drive during casing connections
- Internal gyroscopes calculate turns in the TesTORK® sub, thus eliminating the need for encoders
- Operators can enter connection data of torque limits, turn values, and hold time for the shoulder and peak torque target
- Torque, tension and turns zero settings can be calibrated on site – this is especially important for tension as different sized CRT tools can be “zeroed out”
- Auto hunt mode allows the TesTORK® sub to easily establish a wireless connection with the Base Radio
- The antenna may be placed outside the doghouse with strong magnet mounts, thus maintaining line-of-sight – this ensures continuous stable communications between the TesTORK® sub and Base Radi
- Rechargeable battery eliminates the need for expensive single-use batteries
Join the New Era of Drilling
Tell us more about your needs by completing the form below and a Canrig representative will contact you soon.
"*" indicates required fields