Downhole Pressure Sensors
Downhole sensors are used to measure annulus and bore pressure. Pressure can be used to directly calculate Equivalent Circulating Density (ECD), gain a real measurement of the pressure drop along the drill string and through the L/MWD system, and evaluate if the hydraulic power is sufficient to maintain mud motor torque.
- Enables early kick detection from consistent decreases in ECD
- Detects cuttings buildup from increases in ECD
- Gain visibility to the motors ability to transfer power and maintain speed and torque under given conditions
- Can be used in managed pressure drilling applications
- Evaluate the effects of cuttings in the mud column on ECD in fast drilling environments
- Measure pressure drop directly above the mud motor
Drill Smarter with Nabors
Tell us more about your needs by completing the form below and a Nabors representative will contact you soon.