Big Foot MODS 400 - Ultra Deepwater Platform Drilling Rig
The largest of its kind, the Big Foot ultra-deepwater platform rig was designed for spar and TLP platforms. Unique features of the 4,600-horsepower Mobile Offshore Dynamic Series (MODS) rig include:
Vertically Telescoping Derrick
- API 4F – 2000 kips x 170 foot
- Patent-pending design
- Features using platform crane and drawworks to facilitate – and expedite – the installation process in lieu of member-by-member installation method. Overall safety of personnel is a direct benefit with expedited installation.
- Telescoping derrick consists of five sections. Intermediate sections are joined by bolted connections. Once scoped into position, locking pins of base section are actuated to support operating loads.
- Crown assembly capable of stringing 16 lines of 2" drilling line.
Skidding System and Hurricane Anti-uplift and Slide System
- Rig substructure and drill floor are capable of skidding to well slots by hydraulic lift and roll skidding system.
- Anti-uplift clamps and anti-skidding mechanical locking devices are designed for quick-acting lockdown of rig substructure to platform during hurricane conditions.
Moveable Tubular Handling Knuckleboom Crane
- Along with the horizontal pipe handling machine, the proprietary tubular handling knuckleboom crane moves with the drilling substructure and is an integral part of the catwalk machine support structure.
- Supports drilling activity by maximizing operations: +/- 180º slew versatility to handle drill pipe and casing joints
- Provides maximum reach to all tubulars and catwalk machine at well locations
Drill Smarter with Nabors
Tell us more about your needs by completing the form below and a Nabors representative will contact you soon.