Wireless Torque, Turn & Tension Sensor
Canrig’s wireless torque, turn and tension sensor, the TesTORK® sub, delivers high speed, precise data over a secure wireless connection. Designed for ease of use and field robustness, the TesTORK® sub meets the demands of tubular services companies and drilling contractors alike. The system can provide accurate information for making up precise tubular connections or high-resolution torque and speed data for complex drilling conditions.
The TesTORK® Manager software enables users to easily view live streaming data, make comments and review past connections to ensure the integrity of a casing string.
- Real-time monitoring of torque load applied by the top drive during casing connections
- Torque load is measured against both time and the number of turns for each casing connection
- Internal gyroscopes calculate turns in the TesTORK® sub, thus eliminating the need for encoders
- TesTORK® software uses pass/fail analysis to classify connections – operator comments can be entered for any connection, but are required for failed connections
- Operators can enter connection data of torque limits, turn values, and hold time for the shoulder and peak torque target
- TesTORK® software is calibrated to measure between 0-50,000+ ft-lbs (+/- 6,779 daN-m) of torque
- Torque, tension and turns zero settings can be calibrated on site – this is especially important for tension as different sized CRT tools can be “zeroed out”
- Unique TesTORK® serial number and calibration parameters are saved in order to check a device if there are discrepancies or accuracy questions
- Even if connections are removed, TesTORK® software will retain a backup of the information in the system
- Auto hunt mode allows the TesTORK® sub to easily establish a wireless connection with the Base Radio
- Base Radio channel can be changed to avoid interference
- The antenna may be placed outside the doghouse with strong magnet mounts, thus maintaining line-of-sight – this ensures continuous stable communications between the TesTORK® sub and Base Radio
- Temperature compensation ensures that there is no need to recalibrate at different temperatures
- All cables are armored with UL/CSA flexible conduit
- Rechargeable battery eliminates the need for expensive single-use batteries
Join the New Era of Drilling
Tell us more about your needs by completing the form below and a Canrig representative will contact you soon.